Friday, July 18, 2008

days 9 and 10 Victor, Id

I left Dubois heading west on Hwy 26 through the Bridger Teton National Forest, winding with the Wind River through canyons and then climbing into the incredible backdrop of snow capped mountains. I stopped in Jackson Hole for lunch but couldn't shake off an overall feeling of Tired. So I gave me permission to sit down for a couple of days. I rode over to Victor, Id, on the quiet side of the Tetons to a campground. And here I sit.
This morning, I rode into Driggs, Id for breakfast and a bit of shopping (bought a pillow - my neck is very tired of lumpy clothes stuffed into my helmet bag and vaguely disguised as a pillow -- and a jet boil to fix tea/coffee at camp.) Other than that, I've just sat around working on this blog and watching the wind blow. Tomorrow I'll head out again - probably north to Bozeman, Montana and then begin drifting back south. Wish I hadn't needed this rest stop - but I did.

2 comments:

Jerry Jaz said...

Hey Laura,

Good to hear your voice again. I have been considering a motorcycle purchase and have to honestly access if I am ever going to take a long trip again. I have the imagery in my head, but may not have the ability in my bod.

What would it look like if it was just what it is? Not compared to past performance or expectations.

Hmmmm

Jerry Jaz

Unknown said...

Laura:

On your way back down south consider checking out Dinosaur National Monument. Amazing park and place. The Visitor's Center is built around the quarry and the sheered off cliff face is one protruding dino bone after the other. You can even touch them. There are petroglyphs in the area from the early American inhabitants and the lovely Green River where John Welsey Powell floated exploring the West. It's near the conjunction of Utah, Wyoming and Colo. The nearby town of Vernal, UT is all-American and has great tavern-fried halibut at the diner downtown.