Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 8 from Ten Sleep Wy to Dubois, Wy

Day 8

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Ten Sleep, Wy to Dubois, Wy 192 miles

Another short day – seems easy to “justify” them now. I had a slow, late breakfast today with Linda and Craig, the two bikers heading to the BMW rally in Gillette. Linda is a very accomplished rider and freely shared tips. She often tours alone – not many of us out here. She took this picture of me putting my gear together.

The ride today followed the Big Horn River and then Wind River – at times through dry, rolling hills, then through red canyons. Pictures are on Picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gypsyjudgefjr go to my photos on the left

I stopped about 50 miles from Ten Sleep at Thermopolis, the world’s largest mineral hot spring. It’s in a state park and is free, a condition imposed by the Indians just before they were forced to give up the land. There is the typical glut of commercial establishments crowding around the small building where I changed into my bathing suit. After floating in mineral waters heated to 104 and above by Mother Nature, I got back on the bike, heading south on hwy 20 and then west on 26.

Dubois is a small cowboy town, capitalizing on the views and proximity to the Grand Tetons. There are a couple of pictures of the area in the Dubois folder on Picasa.




No comments: